Date of last revision: April 6, 2011
This is the website of the United Church of God, an International Association .
Our mailing address is
PO Box 541069
Cincinnati, OH 45254-1069
We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by telephone at (513) 576-9796. Send technical inquiries about this website to email@example.com
2. The Use of this Website by Children
We do not collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 please do not attempt to create an account at ucg.org. If false age information is given and an account is created by a user under 13, we will delete the information as quick as possible. For those minors 13 years of age or older, we strongly urge you ask your parents permission before creating an account and submitting any personal information about yourself over the Internet.
3. Personal Information You Provide to Us
Registering for an account: You provide the following required information – email and date of birth. After your register you can choose to provide your name, profile image, marital status, sex, location, education, occupation, hobbies, and favorite topics.
Requesting literature for you or a friend: You provide the following information - name, postal address and email.
Subscribing to email newsletter: You provide the following required information - email address. You can choose to provide your name and mailing address.
4. Information We Collect
We collect information about you and your use of the website whenever you visit. For example, we may collect various forms of information such as site traffic statistics, page views, operating system and browser type, and IP address. This information gathered will not personally identify you.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by another website. Cookies are uniquely assigned for your computer, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
5. How We Use Your Information
Registering for an account: The additional information you provide after you register will help us provide content that is relevant to you within your account page. We will use your email address to issue you a new password, to notify you when you have received a new message, received a friend request or when we have an announcement.
Requesting literature for you or a friend: If you supply us with your postal address via our online form you will only receive the information which you requested.
Subscribing to email newsletter: We will this information to send an electronic newsletter to your email address.
Other ways we may use your information may include, but not limited to: improving the design and content of the website and notifying you of any special announcements.
We do not sell to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of this website. However, we may use your personal information to integrate with third party service providers.
From time to time, we may use website visitor (registered accounts) information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to this website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at this website periodically.
How you can change or remove your information
At any time you can change or edit your registered account information by logging into the website and clicking on "Edit my profile" under the "Your Account" link at the top of the website.
If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please let us know by sending an email at the above address, or, by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the bottom portion of the email newsletter you have received from us.
Upon request, we offer you the ability to have inaccuracies and address changes updated in your contact information or your account information. You can have this information corrected by sending us an email at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address. We will ask for some confirmation of your identity before changing any account information.
You may prevent your information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by emailing us at the address above.
Web Site Policy ( As Approved by the Council of Elders on February 23, 2007 )
1. No website other than the official website of the United Church of God, an International Association (hereinafter the "Church" or "UCG IA ") at http://www.ucg.org and the official websites of United Church of God National Councils outside the United States which have been sanctioned by the Church, may use the name "United Church of God" or contain, republish, refer to, advertise or take orders for Church literature or other copyrighted materials, in whole or in part, that are proprietary to the Church without UCG IA's written permission. Local websites receiving such permission should create a hyperlink to Church literature located at http://www.ucg.org/booklets for the United States (and/or the address of the Web site of their National Council if outside the U.S.) for viewing, downloading or for taking website visitor requests for said literature. Each website that creates an appearance of affiliation with the Church shall be subject to review to help ensure that its content does not violate the law or personal rights.
2. Local congregations or others claiming a Church affiliation who are using the name of the Church must not violate the Church's copyright(s), trademark(s) or service mark(s), or other intellectual property.
3. The only official website of the UCG IA is located at http://www.ucg.org. Any other website maintained by a local congregation of UCG IA , or third parties claiming affiliation with UCG IA , or using its name in a way that is likely to convey such an affiliation, must display on the index or introductory page the following statement. In effect that statement shall say that they are not official websites of UCG IA and that the UCG IA does not endorse and is not responsible for the claims and representations made by that website:
"This is not the official website of the United Church of God, an International Association ("UCG IA "). The only official UCG IA website is at www.ucg.org , or one of the websites of National Councils which are part of UCG IA . They are not responsible and will not be held liable for the content, representations, or any claims arising out of the materials contained on this website."
4. The Church's Council of Elders may prescribe rules and ethical guidelines within which National Council, local church, and third party (claiming a UCG IA affiliation) websites shall be required to conform. Failure to conform to these rules and guidelines can result in withdrawal of UCG IA permission to use the name "United Church of God" in connection with that National, local church or third party website.
5. The Church reserves the right to modify this policy at any time with or without advance notice.