God intends for all people to come to Him, to happily worship Him, and to choose to live by His way of life. We don't see that today, so how will God accomplish His desire? The seven feasts He gave to Israel reveal His plan. The Feast of Tabernacles is one of those feasts, and reveals one step in that plan. This Teen Bible Study guide will lead you to discover the part this feast has in God's plan.
God intends for all people to come to Him, to happily worship Him, and to choose to live by His way of life. We don't see that today, so how will God accomplish His desire? The seven feasts He gave to Israel reveal His plan. The Feast of Tabernacles is one of those feasts, and reveals one step in that plan. This study guide will lead you to discover the part this feast has in God's plan.
Evidence From Scripture
DEUTERONOMY 16:13-15 "You shall observe the Feast of Tabernacles seven days…."
LEVITICUS 23:33-35 "Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, (34) Speak to the children of Israel saying…"
EXODUS 23:16 "and the Feast of Harvest, the firstfruits of your labors which you have sown in the field…"
1. How long is this feast? What is the significance of it lasting seven days?
2. What took place at this time of the year? Is this why it is also called the "Feast of Ingathering"?
3. Can we observe this festival wherever we choose?
4. Why is a physical harvest symbolic? Read Matthew 9:37-38; 12:24-30, 36-43 and comment.
ISAIAH 2:2-3 "Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established on the top of the mountains…"
JOEL 2:27-29 "Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel…"
ROMANS 11:25-26 "For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery…."
5. Will this be a time of spiritual harvest -- a time of salvation? Will people by the multitudes be seeking God and receiving His Spirit?
6. Who will be ruling the world at this time?
7. Why will people then seek God? Read Revelation 20:1-3.
REVELATION 20:1-3 "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit...."
MICAH 4:3-4 "He shall judge between many peoples, And rebuke strong nations afar off…"
8. How long will this period be without Satan's influence?
9. Will this be a time of peace and security?
ISAIAH 30:23 "Then He will give the rain for your seed with which you sow the ground, And bread of the increase of the earth; It will be fat and plenteous. In that day your cattle will feed In large pastures."
10. Will there be droughts and famines?
11. Will this be a period of universal prosperity?
ISAIAH 11:6-9 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, …."
12. Why will these conditions exist?
ISAIAH 35:5-7 "Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped…"
ISAIAH 35:10 "And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
13. Will human and land handicaps be removed?
14. Will this be a time of joy and happiness?
15. Is it physical rejoicing? Spiritual rejoicing? Both?
LEVITICUS 23:42 "'You shall dwell in booths for seven days….'"
16. Why is this feast called the "Feast of Tabernacles"?
17. What is a booth?
18. Why were they to dwell in them? What lesson were they to learn by doing so? Why were they in the wilderness 40 years? Was it a temporary or permanent situation?
19. What should we learn from their experience?
ZECHARIAH 14:16-18 "And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King…"
20. Will the Feast of Tabernacles still be observed during Christ's reign?
21. What indicates that the celebrating of this feast is important in God's sight?
22. Should we be keeping the Feast of Tabernacles today? How could we afford to celebrate the Feast in this age? Read Deuteronomy 14:22-26 and comment.
1. What does God say about keeping the Feast of Tabernacles?
2. What do people say about keeping it?
3. What do you believe about the meaning and importance of observing it?