Why does wisdom seem elusive? Many times life’s problems appear too complex and solutions are difficult to find. Wisdom isn’t found in mysterious codes, but a practical and ethical way of thinking.
Points to build on
Thoughts are vitally important because they determine a person’s real character.
Proverbs 12:5 Proverbs 12:5The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
American King James Version×: “The thoughts of the righteous are right, But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.” (Tanakh: “The purposes of the righteous are justice; The schemes of the wicked are deceit.”)
Proverbs 15:26 Proverbs 15:26The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.
American King James Version×: “The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD, But the words of the pure are pleasant.”
When we trust in God, and live by His ways, our thoughts will succeed. Actions and emotions are determined by thoughts. When our thoughts are based on God’s way of life our actions are guided by that way and God will bless the outcome.
In Thinking for a Change John Maxwell writes about eleven types of thinking that leads to failure or success:
1.Small Thinking vs. Big-Picture Thinking
2. Scattered Thinking vs. Focused Thinking
3. Restrictive Thinking vs. Creative Thinking
4. Fantasy Thinking vs. Realistic Thinking
5. Random Thinking vs. Strategic Thinking
6. Limited Thinking vs. Possibility Thinking
7. Impulsive Thinking vs. Reflective Thinking
8. Popular Thinking vs. Innovative Thinking
9. Solo Thinking vs. Shared Thinking
10. Selfish Thinking vs. Unselfish Thinking
11. Wishful Thinking vs. Bottom-Line Thinking
Guard your thoughts, because ultimately your thoughts are who you become.