Points to Ponder
Login or Create an Account
With a UCG.org account you will be able to save items to read and study later!
These questions are intended as a study aid, to spur further thought on the concepts discussed in this lesson and to help you apply them on a personal level. We suggest you take the time to write out your answers to these questions and compare them to the scriptures given. Please feel free to write us with any comments or suggestions, including questions about the course or this lesson.
• Did Jesus Christ keep the biblical festivals? (Matthew 26:17; John 7:8-14, John 7:37).
• Did the apostles continue to keep the biblical festivals after Jesus' death and resurrection? (Acts 2:1; Acts 12:2-4; Acts 16:13; Acts 18:21; Acts 20:6; Acts 27:9; 1 Corinthians 5:7-8).
• What did the Passover mean to the ancient Israelites, and what does it mean for Christians today? (Exodus 12:26-27; 1 Corinthians 5:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; 1 Peter 1:18-20).
• What is the spiritual lesson of the Feast of Unleavened Bread? (1 Corinthians 5:6-8; Luke 12:1; Romans 6:17-19).
• What events do the writers of the Bible associate with the Feast of Pentecost? (Deuteronomy 5:2, 4; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:36-41).
• Which events in God's plan does He connect with the sounding of a trumpet and thus the Feast of Trumpets? (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Matthew 24:31; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54; Revelation 11:15).
• What does the Day of Atonement picture? (1 John 2:1-2; John 3:16; Leviticus 16:6-16; Revelation 20:1-3).
• After Jesus returns and God puts Satan away, what is the next step in God's plan of salvation for mankind? (Daniel 7:13-14; Revelation 20:6; Micah 4:1-3; Isaiah 11:5-9; Zechariah 14:16-19).
• After the seven-day Feast of Tabernacles, another festival follows on the eighth day. What does the Last Great Day picture? (Revelation 20:12-15; Ezekiel 37:1-14; Matthew 12:41-42; John 7:37-39; 2 Peter 3:9).