In this publication we have space to only briefly discuss some of the mounds of evidence for an intelligent Designer, Lawgiver and Creator of the universe. Many excellent books and videos have been published in recent years detailing scientific findings and conclusions that point to a Creator.
If you would like to dig more deeply, we recommend the following publications from your library or bookstore:
• Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Premise Media Corporation, 2008. This DVD features interviews with scholars who have lost jobs or been otherwise punished for questioning evolutionary dogma. Its comments from intelligent-design advocates and ardent evolutionists are particularly revealing and sometimes shocking.
• There Is a God: How the World’s Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind, Antony Flew, 2007. The title sums up the content: Professor Flew, long regarded as one of the world’s great evangelists of atheism, was compelled to admit that atheistic evolution simply did not explain scientific discoveries that inescapably point to an intelligent designer behind it all.
• The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery, Guillermo Gonzalez and Jay Richards, 2004. Also a DVD. The authors, one with a Ph.D. in astronomy and the other with a Ph.D. in philosophy and theology, examine how our planet is not only fine-tuned to support life, but also positioned to give us the best view of the universe and thus allow mankind to explore the structure and nature of the universe around us.
• The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God, Lee Strobel, 2004. Also a DVD. The author, a former investigative journalist and atheist, interviews experts from such fields as molecular biology, astronomy, physics and biochemistry in examining the growing body of evidence that undermines evolutionary beliefs and supports an intelligent Designer and Creator as the source for our universe and the laws that govern it.
• Unlocking the Mystery of Life, Illustra Media, 2002. This DVD documentary examines the scientific case for intelligent design and, through computer animation, takes viewers into the interior of cells to explore systems and processes that bear the unmistakable hallmarks of design.
• Mere Creation: Science, Faith & Intelligent Design, edited by William Dembski, 1998. This book provides a collection of academic writings from physics, astrophysics, biology, anthropology, mechanical engineering and mathematics that challenge Darwinism and offer evidence supporting intelligent design in the universe.
• Show Me God: What the Message From Space Is Telling Us About God, Fred Heeren, 1997. The author examines how the latest discoveries from space are consistent with the Bible and point to an intelligent Creator; he includes comments and interviews with scientists.
• Darwin’s Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution, Michael Behe, associate professor of biochemistry, Lehigh University, Pennsylvania, 1996. Dr. Behe demonstrates that the building blocks of life—cells and their myriad components—are far too complex for their co-dependent parts and processes to have evolved without an outside, intelligent designer at work.
• The Creator and the Cosmos, Hugh Ross, Ph.D. in astronomy, University of Toronto, 1993. The book examines scientific evidence supporting design in the universe and the existence of the God of the Bible.
• Creation and Evolution: Rethinking the Evidence From Science and the Bible, Alan Hayward, 1985. Written by an eminent British physicist, this is an insightful book on the pros and cons of the evolution-vs.-science controversy.
Although the publishers of this booklet do not agree with every conclusion presented in these publications, we think they present a persuasive and compelling case that the universe and life on earth offer abundant evidence for a Creator.