What are some of the things we might meditate on to get our minds more attuned to God's way of thinking? Here's a short list to get you started.
• God's astounding creative power as revealed through His creation.
• How God is a Father to us.
• God's awesome plan as revealed by His Holy Days.
• Jesus Christ's sacrifice.
• What the Kingdom of God will be like, both in the Millennium and beyond.
• Jesus Christ's perfect example of what God wants us to be.
• Jesus Christ's teachings—how can we best live by them?
• The blessings that come from obeying God's laws.
• The curses that come from disobeying those laws.
• How to overcome various sins.
• The many promises in the Bible.
• The experiences of biblical figures—what can we learn from them?
• Read any section of the Bible and ask, What does God want me to learn from this?
God's Word is filled with subjects on which we can meditate. The important thing is that we take time to do so, and in so doing learn to see things as God sees them. As He tells us in Isaiah 55:9 Isaiah 55:9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
American King James Version×, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." What a privilege and blessing it is to have many of those thoughts written down for us in the Bible so we can learn to think as God thinks!