For the Youth - Bible Trivia:
1. Who was the King of Judea and who was the Emperor of Rome at the time of Jesus’ birth?
*Hint: Matthew 2:1-3 & Luke 2:1-5
2. What three personal items did Paul request Timothy to be bring to Him as soon as possible?
*Hint: 2 Timothy 4:9-13
3. On which day of the year was the High Priest allowed to go behind the veil and enter the Holy of Holies?
* Hint: Leviticus 16:1-34
North Canton Announcements:
- Sabbath Service Time (December 17th): 2:00 PM
- Next Week (December 24th): 2:30 PM - In person services have been canceled. We do not have a meeting hall/space available due to the holidays. However, this is the WFW service and a full service will be broadcasted from Home Office WFW event. I encourage all to gather in homes as much as possible.
- Sabbath Services for December 31st: Our normal meeting hall will not be available so the location and service time has been changed. Services will be located at the Holiday Inn - 898 Arlington Ridge E Akron OH 44312 – Service time will 11:00 AM.
- Zoom Bible Study: The next scheduled Bible study will take place January 19, 2023 at 7:30 PM
- Roy Suggs: (Ryan’s Step-Father) – The Oncologist confirmed that the spots on Roy’s prostate and bones is cancer. Due to Roy’s current health condition he feels the best treatment option is a monthly infusion of a Testosterone Blocker. He informed Roy that this will improve his quality of life and stop the cancer from growing and spreading. However, Roy developed a few side effects last night after receiving his first injection yesterday afternoon. They will consult with the doctor soon to talk about managing those side effects or possibly changing treatment.
- Kitchen Volunteer Meeting: There will be a meeting on January 14, 2023 for all kitchen crew members.
- Brethren Helping Brethren: We are all facing some very difficult times and things seem to be getting worse. The young and elderly may be struggling or may struggle moving forward. We would like to reach out to our N Canton Brethren by setting up a table in the back of our fellowship hall for donated non-perishable items. (paper products, cleaning supplies, canned goods etc.) If you would like to participate please bring in your items on January 14th . Depending on items donated and need we will update with the next donation date whether it be monthly or bi-monthly. Please contact Debbie Kuhns with ideas or questions.
- Marriage Seminar Weekend: Why settle for a good marriage when God gives us the tools to have a great marriage. Marriage is under attack and it’s never a waste of time to invest in strengthening this special relationship between a husband and wife. This special weekend will provide the opportunity for our married couples to come together as a family to learn how to protect and develop even more what God has blessed us with. The seminar/activity will take place from Friday evening January 27 to Sunday afternoon January 29th. Location will be the Holiday Inn Boardman, OH.
- Winter Family Weekend: Don't forget to get registered for WFW 2022!! Everyone planning to attend the WFW (even if just for Sabbath services) is asked to register at wfw.ucg.org, whether participating in sports or attending other activities.
The deadline to register for sports is coming up quickly November 27th! Secure your teams spot now! Opening events will begin on Friday evening, Dec. 23, with activities ending on Tuesday, Dec. 27. The event will once again be held near Cincinnati, Ohio, with a new hotel and conference center venue located just north of the city in West Chester. It will be a great opportunity for all of us to gather together again for Sabbath services, seminars and sports, which will be offered throughout the weekend. We’ve also been blessed to once again be able to use the same facilities we’ve used in prior years for our basketball and volleyball games. There are also some exciting new activities planned throughout the weekend for folks of all ages.
During the Cincinnati Winter Family Weekend, Dec. 23–27, the teen dance will be a 1980s-themed blast from the past! Get ready to dust off your old Ray-Bans and Members Only jackets! Pizza and other snacks will be provided (no Crystal Pepsi, sorry). We will have a prize for the most 80s-tastic outfit. See you there!
- Growing in Faith Weekend: All UCG young adults are invited to join us at the 2023 Growing in the Faith weekend from January 13- 16, 2023 in Stewartville, Minnesota, to discuss how to prepare for a godly marriage. While single, it is the perfect time to learn and grow into the person God wants us to be, even if we haven’t met that perfect person yet. Now is the time to be developing the characteristics that will help us have the successful, happy marriages that God wants us to have when that time comes.
In addition to several seminars given by David Schreiber, Ed Dowd and Brian Shaw, we will have plenty of time for fellowship, sledding, games and dancing. This will be a great chance to spend quality time with fellow brothers and sisters in the faith in a positive, uplifting atmosphere. Please register now at growinginthefaith.com! Special pricing of $170 includes all food, lodging, and activities for the weekend. Don't miss out on this special opportunity!
- Young Adult Winter/Ski Retreat: We are excited to announce a Young Adult winter/ski retreat, President's Day Weekend February 17th-20th, 2023! We are hoping to forge new and deeper relationships with people of like mind. We will be eating and staying together for the whole weekend. We welcome all young adults ages 18–29, single or married.
We will be staying in cabins at Pipestem State Park in Pipestem, West Virginia. Activities will include skiing/snowboarding, sledding, hiking, swimming, bonfire, sports, and lots and lots of hanging out. More information about the activities can be found on the website. We will also have several interactive discussions and Bible studies. The theme of this weekend will be focused on "how can young adults contribute to the future of the Church of God?"
Registration is open, so go ahead and register on the registration tab at ucgyawinterretreat.org, and we will see you there!
If I’ve overlooked anything, Please let me know ASAP.