Announcement Bulletin for December 17, 2022
Announcement Bulletin for December 17, 2022
For the Youth - Bible Trivia:
1. Who was the King of Judea and who was the Emperor of Rome at the time of Jesus’ birth?
*Hint: Matthew 2:1-3 Matthew 2:1-3  Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,  Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.  When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
American King James Version×& Luke 2:1-5 Luke 2:1-5  And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.  (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)  And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.  And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)  To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
American King James Version×
2. What three personal items did Paul request Timothy to be bring to Him as soon as possible?
*Hint: 2 Timothy 4:9-13 2 Timothy 4:9-13  Do your diligence to come shortly to me:  For Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed to Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.  Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with you: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.  And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.  The cloak that I left at Troas with Carpus, when you come, bring with you, and the books, but especially the parchments.
American King James Version×
3. On which day of the year was the High Priest allowed to go behind the veil and enter the Holy of Holies?
* Hint: Leviticus 16:1-34 Leviticus 16:1-34  And the LORD spoke to Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died;  And the LORD said to Moses, Speak to Aaron your brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the veil before the mercy seat, which is on the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud on the mercy seat.  Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.  He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches on his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen turban shall he be attired: these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.  And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.  And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.  And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.  And Aaron shall cast lots on the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.  And Aaron shall bring the goat on which the LORD's lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.  But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.  And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself:  And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the veil:  And he shall put the incense on the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is on the testimony, that he die not:  And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.  Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the veil, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it on the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:  And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remains among them in the middle of their uncleanness.  And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goes in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.  And he shall go out to the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it on the horns of the altar round about.  And he shall sprinkle of the blood on it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.  And when he has made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:  And Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:  And the goat shall bear on him all their iniquities to a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.  And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:  And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.  And the fat of the sin offering shall he burn on the altar.  And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.  And the bullock for the sin offering, and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall one carry forth without the camp; and they shall burn in the fire their skins, and their flesh, and their dung.  And he that burns them shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp.  And this shall be a statute for ever to you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojournes among you:  For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the LORD.  It shall be a sabbath of rest to you, and you shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.  And the priest, whom he shall anoint, and whom he shall consecrate to minister in the priest's office in his father's stead, shall make the atonement, and shall put on the linen clothes, even the holy garments:  And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar, and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation.  And this shall be an everlasting statute to you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.
American King James Version×
North Canton Announcements:
- Sabbath Service Time (December 17th): 2:00 PM
- Next Week (December 24th): 2:30 PM - In person services have been canceled. We do not have a meeting hall/space available due to the holidays. However, this is the WFW service and a full service will be broadcasted from Home Office WFW event. I encourage all to gather in homes as much as possible.
- Sabbath Services for December 31st: Our normal meeting hall will not be available so the location and service time has been changed. Services will be located at the Holiday Inn - 898 Arlington Ridge E Akron OH 44312 – Service time will 11:00 AM.
- Zoom Bible Study: The next scheduled Bible study will take place January 19, 2023 at 7:30 PM
- Roy Suggs: (Ryan’s Step-Father) – The Oncologist confirmed that the spots on Roy’s prostate and bones is cancer. Due to Roy’s current health condition he feels the best treatment option is a monthly infusion of a Testosterone Blocker. He informed Roy that this will improve his quality of life and stop the cancer from growing and spreading. However, Roy developed a few side effects last night after receiving his first injection yesterday afternoon. They will consult with the doctor soon to talk about managing those side effects or possibly changing treatment.
- Kitchen Volunteer Meeting: There will be a meeting on January 14, 2023 for all kitchen crew members.
- Brethren Helping Brethren: We are all facing some very difficult times and things seem to be getting worse. The young and elderly may be struggling or may struggle moving forward. We would like to reach out to our N Canton Brethren by setting up a table in the back of our fellowship hall for donated non-perishable items. (paper products, cleaning supplies, canned goods etc.) If you would like to participate please bring in your items on January 14th . Depending on items donated and need we will update with the next donation date whether it be monthly or bi-monthly. Please contact Debbie Kuhns with ideas or questions.
- Marriage Seminar Weekend: Why settle for a good marriage when God gives us the tools to have a great marriage. Marriage is under attack and it’s never a waste of time to invest in strengthening this special relationship between a husband and wife. This special weekend will provide the opportunity for our married couples to come together as a family to learn how to protect and develop even more what God has blessed us with. The seminar/activity will take place from Friday evening January 27 to Sunday afternoon January 29th. Location will be the Holiday Inn Boardman, OH.
- Winter Family Weekend: Don't forget to get registered for WFW 2022!! Everyone planning to attend the WFW (even if just for Sabbath services) is asked to register at wfw.ucg.org, whether participating in sports or attending other activities.
The deadline to register for sports is coming up quickly November 27th! Secure your teams spot now! Opening events will begin on Friday evening, Dec. 23, with activities ending on Tuesday, Dec. 27. The event will once again be held near Cincinnati, Ohio, with a new hotel and conference center venue located just north of the city in West Chester. It will be a great opportunity for all of us to gather together again for Sabbath services, seminars and sports, which will be offered throughout the weekend. We’ve also been blessed to once again be able to use the same facilities we’ve used in prior years for our basketball and volleyball games. There are also some exciting new activities planned throughout the weekend for folks of all ages.
During the Cincinnati Winter Family Weekend, Dec. 23–27, the teen dance will be a 1980s-themed blast from the past! Get ready to dust off your old Ray-Bans and Members Only jackets! Pizza and other snacks will be provided (no Crystal Pepsi, sorry). We will have a prize for the most 80s-tastic outfit. See you there!
- Growing in Faith Weekend: All UCG young adults are invited to join us at the 2023 Growing in the Faith weekend from January 13- 16, 2023 in Stewartville, Minnesota, to discuss how to prepare for a godly marriage. While single, it is the perfect time to learn and grow into the person God wants us to be, even if we haven’t met that perfect person yet. Now is the time to be developing the characteristics that will help us have the successful, happy marriages that God wants us to have when that time comes.
In addition to several seminars given by David Schreiber, Ed Dowd and Brian Shaw, we will have plenty of time for fellowship, sledding, games and dancing. This will be a great chance to spend quality time with fellow brothers and sisters in the faith in a positive, uplifting atmosphere. Please register now at growinginthefaith.com! Special pricing of $170 includes all food, lodging, and activities for the weekend. Don't miss out on this special opportunity!
- Young Adult Winter/Ski Retreat: We are excited to announce a Young Adult winter/ski retreat, President's Day Weekend February 17th-20th, 2023! We are hoping to forge new and deeper relationships with people of like mind. We will be eating and staying together for the whole weekend. We welcome all young adults ages 18–29, single or married.
We will be staying in cabins at Pipestem State Park in Pipestem, West Virginia. Activities will include skiing/snowboarding, sledding, hiking, swimming, bonfire, sports, and lots and lots of hanging out. More information about the activities can be found on the website. We will also have several interactive discussions and Bible studies. The theme of this weekend will be focused on "how can young adults contribute to the future of the Church of God?"
Registration is open, so go ahead and register on the registration tab at ucgyawinterretreat.org, and we will see you there!
If I’ve overlooked anything, Please let me know ASAP.