For the Youth - Bible Trivia:
1. What prophet called fire down from heaven to burn an alter that was soaked with water?
*Hint: 1 Kings 18:19-39
2. Who sat at Jesus’ feet, listening to Him speak, while her sister Martha did all the housework?
*Hint: Luke 10:38-42
3. Who washed his hands before the crowd, saying he wouldn’t be held guilty for Jesus’s death?
* Hint: Matthew 27:13-26
North Canton Announcements:
- Sabbath Service Time: (Dec 2nd): 2:00 PM
- Next Sabbath: (Dec 9th): 11:00 AM
- Ladies Luncheon: To all our North Canton Ladies, Join us as we gather for a potluck luncheon. Please bring soup, salad, sandwiches, or dessert to share.
Date: Sunday, December 3rd, from 1PM-4PM.
Location: Stark District Library North Branch 189 25th St NW Canton, OH 44709
(Meeting room on lower level) Please contact Nissa Hall with any questions.
- Council of Elders (COE) Meetings: The next meetings are schedule to take place during the week of December 4-7. Your prayers for God’s guidance are appreciated.
- Winter Family Weekend: It is time to plan for Winter Family Weekend. Everything will be conveniently held at one location, under one roof! Please register at wfw.ucg.org.
Although the rooms at the main Hotel have all been reserved, UCG has secured a significantly discounted block of rooms at the nearby Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton. The hotel offers a full-service restaurant as well as a Starbucks coffee shop. It is conveniently located just one mile from the Champion Mill facility. The room types of Double Queen beds or a King bed with a twin sleeper pull-out will both be available at the discounted rate of $104/night.
You can reserve your room at the Courtyard by Marriott by either: Calling 1-800-Marriott directly and speak with an agent, using the code UNITED CHURCH OF GOD - WINTER FAMILY WEEKEND 2023. Or using the direct booking link found at wfw.ucg.org.
Please take note: (1) If you have reserved rooms at Champion Mill for anyone NOT in your immediate "family group" or if you are not certain you will attend Winter Family Weekend, please call the hotel and release those additional rooms so that others who are committed to attend may have an opportunity to secure a room.
(2) Online registration is a must! It is critical for our planning purposes. So be sure to wfw.ucg.org and fully complete the registration page for EVERY individual who will attend and include their participation choices. As you know it takes the help of many individuals for a program such as Winter Family Weekend. Regardless of what congregation you are from, if you are willing to volunteer in a certain area or simply in general, please be sure to complete the volunteer section of the registration page. We will find a spot for you and appreciate your service to God and the brethren! Watch for further updates at wfw.ucg.org.
If I’ve overlooked anything, Please let me know ASAP.