For the Youth - Bible Trivia:
1. How did the men who brought a paralyzed man to be healed by Jesus get him through the crowds?
*Hint: Mark 2:1-12
2. What happened to Lot’s wife as they were leaving Sodom?
*Hint: Genesis 19:14-26
3. What kind of bird did Jesus mention when he said, “Not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will”?
* Hint: Matthew 10:29
North Canton Announcements:
- Sabbath Service Time: (October 28th): 2:00 PM
- Next Sabbath: (Nov 4th): 2:00 PM
- Thanksgiving Themed Potluck Tomorrow: We will be having our annual Post-Feast/ Thanksgiving Potluck. The Meat/Stuffing/Potatoes/Gravy/Noodles/Bread will be provided. We are asking that everyone bring their favorite Thanksgiving sides and desserts. Also, if you have not done yet, please send your feast pictures to David Hershberger so that he can have time to put them together for the video presentation. Any questions please contact Debbie Kuhns.
- Marlene Ware: Marlene’s transfusion went well and she would like to express here thanks for all the prayers that have been given on her behalf.
- Winter Family Weekend: It is time to plan for Winter Family Weekend. Everything will be conveniently held at one location, under one roof! Please register at wfw.ucg.org.
Although the rooms at the main Hotel have all been reserved, UCG has secured a significantly discounted block of rooms at the nearby Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton. The hotel offers a full-service restaurant as well as a Starbucks coffee shop. It is conveniently located just one mile from the Champion Mill facility. The room types of Double Queen beds or a King bed with a twin sleeper pull-out will both be available at the discounted rate of $104/night.
You can reserve your room at the Courtyard by Marriott by either: Calling 1-800-Marriott directly and speak with an agent, using the code UNITED CHURCH OF GOD - WINTER FAMILY WEEKEND 2023. Or using the direct booking link found at wfw.ucg.org.
Please take note: (1) If you have reserved rooms at Champion Mill for anyone NOT in your immediate "family group" or if you are not certain you will attend Winter Family Weekend, please call the hotel and release those additional rooms so that others who are committed to attend may have an opportunity to secure a room.
(2) Online registration is a must! It is critical for our planning purposes. So be sure to wfw.ucg.org and fully complete the registration page for EVERY individual who will attend and include their participation choices. As you know it takes the help of many individuals for a program such as Winter Family Weekend. Regardless of what congregation you are from, if you are willing to volunteer in a certain area or simply in general, please be sure to complete the volunteer section of the registration page. We will find a spot for you and appreciate your service to God and the brethren! Watch for further updates at wfw.ucg.org.
- UCG-Portsmouth’s Dinner Dance: An Evening Night Under the Sea. Plan to join us for UCG Portsmouth’s annual formal dinner dance this year on Saturday, November 11th.
We’re excited to be able to once again host this event and see everyone come together for a fun evening! This year’s schedule will follow the format: Church services @ 2:30-4:30 - Dinner @ 6:00-7:00 - Dance @ 7:30-10:30.
Church service location: Clark Memorial Library - Shawnee State University 940 2nd Street
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662.
Dance location: Shawnee State University Ballroom 940 2nd Street Portsmouth, Ohio 45662 (Ballroom is located on the second floor of the university’s Student Success Center.)
Prices for the dinner are: $15 for ages 12 and up, $9 for ages 6-11 and Free for 5 and under.
For Payment and or Questions? See our Facebook events page: https://www.facebook.com/events/773839194492476 or Reach out to Monica at 740-821-6441 ; email@example.com or Ashleigh at 740-876-3053 with any questions. Please note: We have an attendance cap at 240 so please register ASAP.
- Lewistown Lock-In Weekend: The Lewistown, PA congregation invites you to their annual lock-in weekend on December 2-3, 2023. Sabbath services will be held at the Beaver Fair Building (785 Snyder Ave, Beaver Springs, PA 17812). There will be a brunch from 11:00 AM to 12:30 AM followed by Sabbath services at 1:00 PM. After Sabbath Services (and a brief break) there will either be a Bible study or game for the youth, followed by a hot buffet-style meal.
The Lock-in activities will be at Middlecreek Area Community Center (MACC - 67 Elm St, Beaver Springs, PA 17812) starting at approximately 6:00 PM. The MACC has a snack room, basketball court, volleyball court, racquetball, fitness center, rock climbing wall, and a game room (ping pong, billiards) available. There will be organized volleyball and basketball games as well as tables for board games and cards (bring your own games).
Snacks will be available all night, and a hot breakfast will be served early Sunday morning before 8AM when the lock-in ends.
There are several areas available for sleeping at the MACC and at the fair building so bring a sleeping bag (especially drivers). We want everyone to enjoy the activity, but we also want everyone to return home safely. Anyone driving home Sunday needs to sleep Saturday night or stay at one of the local families houses Sunday afternoon to get sleep before driving.
Cost for the lock-in weekend is $20.00 per person or $40.00 per family. If you plan on attending, please contact Renita Brummett (Phone: 1-570-837-0134 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Payments can be made after the sabbath at the gym.
Brethren in the area are making their homes available for anyone desiring to come into the area Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon/evening. If you would like to stay in a home vs sleep at the buildings please contact Renita.
If I’ve overlooked anything, Please let me know ASAP.