After five years of advertising that began on Nov. 26, 2016, we are seeing the following cumulative results through Nov. 20, 2021:
- 39.71 million advertising impressions (25 percent increase over last November).
- 360,756 advertising clicks (14 percent increase over last November).
- 278,040 channel installs (15 percent increase over last November).
- 768,253 unique viewers (18 percent increase over last November).
- 1,050,707 channel sessions (18 percent increase over last November).
- 562,503 sessions by returning viewers (21 percent increase over last November).
- 488,204 sessions by new viewers (13 percent increase over last November).
- 953,470 videos watched (12 percent increase over last November).
- 39.14 average minutes on channel (15 percent increase over last November) [59.45 average minutes on channel for the past six months].
- Our cost per advertising impression is 1.5 cents (17 percent less than a year ago).
We currently have 25,000 ads running per day and 257 videos being watched per day during the past six months. Please note, these advertising impressions and clicks are only for Roku. We are also running Beyond Today television programming on Amazon Fire TV, Samsung smart TVs, LG smart TVs, iOS devices and Android devices. Streaming our Beyond Today television products on these devices is another type of TV “broadcasting.” While we spend money on regular cable, satellite and broadcast airing of our TV program on channels like Newsmax TV, we must also appreciate the growing world of streaming television.
Roku Still Leads Connected TV Device Market
Why do we place importance on our Roku advertising for Beyond Today television programming? According to eMarketer, U.S. Roku monthly users will increase by 11.5 percent, reaching 111.7 million monthly users. With these figures, Roku maintains its position as the most-used connected TV (CTV) device in the U.S .market, though Amazon Fire TV is catching up.
- Roku users now make up a third of the U.S. population.
- Despite strong performance, Roku will slow down over the next few years as the U.S. market becomes more saturated.
- While Roku has already crossed the 100 million users mark, Amazon Fire TV will see growth of 15.4 percent in 2021, reaching 97 million monthly active users. Amazon will likely surpass 100 million users next year.
- Roku remains the top CTV platform in the U.S., accounting for 51.7 percent of CTV users. But Amazon Fire TV is much closer now with a penetration rate of nearly 45 percent among CTV users. Apple TV's penetration is pretty low compared with the rest, at only 13.1 percent of U.S. CTV users.
Please continue to pray for the success of all of our various streaming efforts to do our part in preaching the good news of the coming Kingdom of God.