This third COVID-19 wave to hit those countries has been devastating. Because of partial and total lockdowns in many states, they are not able to work and earn money to provide for their families. Your generous gifts and prayers have meant so much to our brethren. They have been encouraged and inspired by your love and concern for them as they go through these difficult days.
I’ve received many emails about the difference you have made. They have cried tears of joy and send their sincere thanks. Here are a few examples of emails we get with their thanks for LifeNets and Good Works funds.
• “Hi Mr. and Mrs. Schreiber, we hope you are all doing well. We want to thank you so much for the donation which was received by Frank Reckerman (elder in Colombo, Sri Lanka). It helped us buy our groceries during the lockdown. It’s been tough with no work, as I work in the hotel industry. Thank you again.”
• “Just today I received your gracious help from the Western Union money transfer. Thank you very much for your kind cooperation and encouragement. I used some money for my elder daughter who is suffering from COVID.”
• “Thank you very much for your email with all your kind and merciful words. We received the money, and thank you once again for sending the same. We used the money for the United Church of God people.
"I extended your love and greetings to my family and our church. They requested me to convey their love, greetings and thankfulness to you.
“I am getting your weekly Sabbath massages. They are very useful for us. We are all sending our loving and warm regards with prayers to all our brethren in the United Church of God.”
• “Thank you for arranging the funds and providing the kind of help that we needed, and please convey to our brethren who are contributing these funds to us and helping us with their kindness. Your financial support has provided much needed stress relief. We owe you gratitude and so much more. Thank you so much again. May the Almighty God bless you, your family and all the brethren! Stay safe and healthy!”
• “Thank you for all the help you have done for our family at this pandemic time in Sri Lanka and around the world, We thank you for all the love and kindness you have for us through the Good Works program. We appreciate their help and thinking about us also.”
Love and thanks!