Buckwheat Corn Crepes
Gluten-Free Buckwheat Corn Crepes are earthy, slightly nutty tasting and a nutritious alternative to crepes made with refined flours. Serve warm with berry jam or enjoy with your favorite delicious crepe fillings.
- 2/3 cups flour (buckwheat)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal (corn flour)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (extra virgin oil recommended)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin (optional -added to help avoid sticking to the)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Mix solids in adequate size mixing bowl
- Make a deep depression in solid mixture to accommodate eggs.
- Break the 3 eggs into the depression and beat with a fork
- Add lecithin, oil and honey (if using honey instead of sugar) to the eggs
- Beat each in turn into the eggs with the fork Add vanilla (if using it)
- Dilute the mixture with milk beating and stirring with fork as the milk is gently added.
- As batter thins, replace fork with large spoon to ladle batter onto medium hot griddle.
- Re-stir batter each time before ladling onto griddle.