As we finish another week, and almost another calendar year, no doubt you are starting to hear a re-cap of the pandemic year. Loss of loved ones, illnesses endured, lost jobs, stay at home are sadly common place. Yet, each of you continues your faith filled walked with Our Father and His Son and our elder Brother, Jesus Christ. It is inspiring to see your faith in action as it is extended to your family, neighbors and church congregation.
We will have another opportunity to gather together this week, in-person or via Zoom. There should be no pressure to attend the in-person service, please take appropriate precautions that are best for the health of your family. Whether separated by distance or the need to cocoon at home, thankfully we have the technology to connect together. Patient endurance will see us all together in the coming year.
Quick Connect Link via Zoom for Sabbath Service December 19, 2020 at 2:30 pm: (these Zoom links remain the same each week)
Messages will be brought by Josijah Dacey and Ted Budge.
It is our hope to add an in-person venue for Bakersfield. When that happens, we will schedule it the same week as the outdoor service in Pasadena.
- December 26, 2020 Zoom Connection
- January 2, 2021 Outdoor Services & Zoom
- January 9, 2021 Zoom Connection
- January 16, 2021 Outdoor Services & Zoom
- January 23, 2021 Zoom Connection
- January 30, 2021 Zoom Connection with Special Format (more details to come)
- February 6, 2021 Outdoor Services & Zoom
OUTDOOR Church Service Tomorrow, December 19th at 2:30 pm
After reviewing the recent rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court, updated regional health orders from California, Los Angeles County and the City of Pasadena, we have determined that we can restore outdoor church services.
Specifically, the City of Pasadena exempts "outdoor faith-based services" from gathering limitations and stay at home orders. Link: Pasadena Issues Temporary Limited Stay at Home December 2, 2020
After reviewing the facts with the elders, we are moving forward with a service in the parking lot at Rose City Church this Sabbath. Our goal is to provide this in-person outdoor gathering for those who feel comfortable and safe doing so. We will follow standard social distancing protocols as with our previous beta tests -- these are listed below. We will combine this outdoor service with our Zoom link so we will all be together whether in Bakersfield or Los Angeles congregations.
Outdoor Church Service Attendance Protocols:
- No need to register. We will have a sign-in table and temperature checks as in the past.
- What to bring: Mask, camp chair, blanket if it gets cool, Bible, beverage and desire to fellowship.
- Restrooms: We have access to the restrooms inside the Rose City facility.
- Social distancing protocols will be followed as is common place.
- Parking: As we will use a portion of north parking lot for seating this time. There should be ample parking on site both on the East and North sides of the building.
- Audio: We will be using outdoor audio speakers this week to project the audio, this is different than in August when we used your mobile phone and then the professional grade tour headsets. We tested this a few weeks ago and it provides excellent sound and links to the Zoom connection.
- Check-in: We will ask the standard health screen questions (like in the work place) and take temperatures.
- Have you been tested positive or diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you had any of these symptoms in the past 14 days: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle ache, loss of smell or taste, headache or sore throat?
- Have you been in contact with anyone displaying the above symptoms within the last 14 days?
- If you experience these symptoms within the following 10 days do you agree to notify your local pastor?
- Weather: While the forecast will call for a lovely 73-degree mid afternoon temperature with the shade and the late afternoon falling temperature be sure to bring a jacket and lap blanket as you may desire.
- Special request: Out of an abundance of caution and to remind us to appropriately distance we will be using masks the entire time while on site.
Quick Connect Link via Zoom for Sabbath Service December 19, 2020 at 2:30 pm:
(these Zoom links remain the same each week)
See you Sabbath!