Heaven and Hell: What Does the Bible Really Teach?
How much do you know about heaven and hell?
Take this short true-false quiz to ﬁnd out.
1. The Bible teaches that we have an immortal soul that cannot die.
2. The Bible shows that heaven is the reward of the saved.
3. The apostle Peter said that Israel's King David, a man "after God's own heart," went to heaven when he died.
4. The Scriptures teach that such faithful men and women as Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Joseph, Moses and Rahab went to heaven as their reward.
5. The Bible tells us that the wicked will suffer for all eternity in an ever-burning hell.
6. The Scriptures teach that Satan and his demons will torture the wicked forever in hell.
7. The Bible tells us that our immortal soul will go to either heaven or hell when we die.
Ready to see how you did? The correct answer to all of the above questions is false. If you missed some, don't be surprised. After all, most of us have been routinely taught that these teachings are found in the Bible. The Scriptures, however, reveal something far different!
You don't believe us? For the Bible's answer to question 1, read Ezekiel 18:20. To ﬁnd the answer to question 3, read Acts 2:29 and Act 2:34. For the answer to question 4, read Hebrews 11:39 and John 3:13. You'll ﬁnd the answer to question 5 in Malachi 4:1-3.
You'll discover the answers to the other questions in our Bible study aid booklet Heaven and Hell: What Does the Bible Really Teach?. You need to understand the truth about what happens after death. Are some of your loved ones writhing in everlasting ﬂames? Could a God of love sentence people to an eternity of agony in hell? Can we reconcile a loving God with such ideas? Discover the encouraging truth from the pages of your Bible!