Date of last revision: August 12, 2021
Information You Provide to Us
Registering for an account: You provide the following required information – email. After you register you can choose to provide your name, profile image, short bio and other information.
Requesting literature for you or a friend: You provide the following information — name, postal address and email.
Subscribing to email updates: You provide the following required information — email address. You can choose to provide your name and mailing address.
Information We Collect
You can visit UCG.org without sharing your personal information.
We use Google Analytics and cookies in order to improve our website content, user experience and analyze how the website is used. Google Analytics collects information about you and your use of the website whenever you visit. For example, Google Analytics may collect various forms of information such as site traffic statistics, page views, operating system and browser type, and approximate location. If you would like to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics go to this website for more information: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Information Provided and Collected
Registering for a UCG.org account: The additional information you provide after you register will help us provide content that is relevant to you within your account page. We will use your email address to issue you a new password, to notify you when you have received a new message, or when we have an announcement.
Requesting literature for you or a friend: If you supply us with your postal address via our online form, you will only receive the information which you requested. If you provide us with an email address, then you will receive an email notification about your request.
Subscribing to email updates: We will need this information to send the subscribed email updates to your email address or notify you of special announcements.
We do not collect information from minors, as determined by your local laws (13 years of age in the United States and 16 years of age within the European Union). If you are under the age of adulthood, please do not attempt to create an account at ucg.org. If false age information is given and an account is created by a user under legal age, we will delete the information without delay when we become aware of it. For those minors younger than legal age, we strongly urge you ask your parents' permission before creating an account and submitting any personal information about yourself over the Internet.
Other ways we may use your information may include, but not limited to: improving the design and content of the website, and notifying you of any special announcements, events or other activities of the Church.
We do not sell to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of this website. However, we may use the collected information to integrate with third party service providers to help provide better content or help us to analyze our web stats.
From time to time, we may use website visitor (registered accounts) information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to this website and notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at this website periodically.
Update or Remove Personal Information
At any time, you can change or edit your registered UCG.org account information by logging into the website and clicking on “Edit my profile” under the “Account Settings” link at the top of the website. If you would like to have your UCG.org account deleted, please contact us at the email listed below.
If you want to update or remove your email address used for email updates, please let us know by sending an email to the address below, or by clicking on the “update subscription preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links provided in the bottom portion of the email updates you have received from us.
Where required by law, we offer you the ability to access the information we have on you. If you believe the information we have on you is incorrect, you can contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. If at any point you would like your provided information to be deleted, you can contact us. We will ask for some confirmation of your identity before changing any information.
We intend to retain the personal information provided for only as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was initially provided.
United Church of God, an International Association
PO Box 541069
Cincinnati, OH 45254-1069
Telephone: (513) 576-9796
Website Policy (As Approved by the Council of Elders on February 23, 2007)
1. No website other than the official website of the United Church of God, an International Association (hereinafter the "Church" or "UCGIA") at http://www.ucg.org and the official websites of United Church of God National Councils outside the United States which have been sanctioned by the Church, may use the name "United Church of God" or contain, republish, refer to, advertise or take orders for Church literature or other copyrighted materials, in whole or in part, that are proprietary to the Church without UCGIA's written permission. Local websites receiving such permission should create a hyperlink to Church literature located at http://www.ucg.org/booklets for the United States (and/or the address of the Web site of their National Council if outside the U.S.) for viewing, downloading or for taking website visitor requests for said literature. Each website that creates an appearance of affiliation with the Church shall be subject to review to help ensure that its content does not violate the law or personal rights.
2. Local congregations or others claiming a Church affiliation who are using the name of the Church must not violate the Church's copyright(s), trademark(s) or service mark(s), or other intellectual property.
3. The only official website of the UCGIA is located at http://www.ucg.org. Any other website maintained by a local congregation of UCGIA, or third parties claiming affiliation with UCGIA, or using its name in a way that is likely to convey such an affiliation, must display on the index or introductory page the following statement. In effect that statement shall say that they are not official websites of UCGIA and that the UCGIA does not endorse and is not responsible for the claims and representations made by that website:
"This is not the official website of the United Church of God, an International Association ("UCGIA"). The only official UCGIA website is at www.ucg.org, or one of the websites of National Councils which are part of UCGIA. They are not responsible and will not be held liable for the content, representations, or any claims arising out of the materials contained on this website."
4. The Church's Council of Elders may prescribe rules and ethical guidelines within which National Council, local church, and third party (claiming a UCGIA affiliation) websites shall be required to conform. Failure to conform to these rules and guidelines can result in withdrawal of UCGIA permission to use the name "United Church of God" in connection with that National, local church or third party website.
5. The Church reserves the right to modify this policy at any time with or without advance notice.