About Good Works
Following the directive in Galatians 6:10 Galatians 6:10As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good to all men, especially to them who are of the household of faith.
American King James Version×to "...do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith," the “Good Works Program” is intended to provide an organized way for brethren to help others (primarily those in the Church) who face unusual, emergency situations that could not be anticipated or budgeted for. The intent of the program is to make these situations known to the Church, and to coordinate the distribution of funds that are raised by individuals, congregations or groups in fundraising efforts.
We do not ask that tithes and offerings be directed to this program, for the reasons given above. Instead, if individuals, congregations, or groups within a congregation wish to engage in individual or special fundraising efforts (for example, car washes, garage sales, candy or fruit sales, etc.).
The coordinator will see to it that they are then passed along to the appropriate designees. Once sufficient funds for a particular project or need are received and passed along, that project will be marked complete.
If you would like to organize a fundraiser in your local congregation, please take the following steps:
- Read the list of projects listed on this page.
- Discuss fundraising efforts with your local pastor.
- Engage in the fundraising efforts, and make it clear that the effort is separate from tithes and offerings.
- Send a check to the home office (payable to “United Church of God”) to the attention of “Lena VanAusdle, Coordinator of Good Works Program,” or donate online, indicating the project or projects that the funds were dedicated to.
All surplus donations (over and above the amounts needed to meet the needs of that particular project) will be allocated to other similar projects unless otherwise noted in your donation.
Again, thank you, for your generosity and desire to help our brethren and community members facing emergency needs. Your assistance in following these procedures will help your aid to reach those in need as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Submissions for Good Works
Following the directive in Galates 6:10 Galates 6:10Ainsi donc, pendant que nous en avons l'occasion, pratiquons le bien envers tous, et surtout envers les frères en la foi.
Louis Segond×to “…do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith,” the “Good Works Program” is intended to provide an organized way for brethren to help others (primarily those in the Church) who face unusual, emergency situations that could not be anticipated or budgeted for.
If you have a great idea for a project, please follow these steps:
1. Download the proposal template and gather all relevant information
2. Get approval from your local pastor.
3. Submit proposal at GoodWorks@ucg.org
4. Proposal deadlines are November 30 (for projects taking place between February and September) and May 31 (for projects taking place between October and March).
When choosing projects to support, we adhere to the following prioritization:
1. Improving living conditions/quality of life for brethren. This will include projects that provide water, food, housing, disaster relief, or long-term income opportunities.
2. Buildings and vehicles for international congregations in need.
3. Volunteers for international camps and educational programs.
4. Community outreach.
United Youth Corps is the volunteer arm of the Good Works program, providing volunteers and support for projects around the world. These projects vary, but often include Youth Camp experiences and educational programs. These volunteers are an important part of the Good Works vision. Not only does it provide specific expertise for youth camps and educational programs, and leadership opportunities for the volunteers, but it is also an avenue to connect brethren from different areas, building bonds within the body of Christ.