Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
These soft, chewy cookies are the perfect treat for the Days of Unleavened Bread.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 4 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mix-ins - chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, dried fruits (your choice)
- With an electric mixer beat butter until it's light and creamy. Add in sugar and brown sugar and cream them together with the butter. Next, add in the beaten eggs and vanilla; mix and combine well. Combine oat flour, corn starch and salt in a separate bowl. Mix Mix the oat flour mixture with the butter mixture and stir together until well combined. Add in oats and mix-ins and stir until combined. Do not over mix. Cover and refrigerate for about 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of cookie dough about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Bake longer for a crunchy cookie.
- Cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container.