Gluten Free Walnut Horns
Sweet and sugary cookies are not only tasty but are aesthetically pleasing for dessert displays.
- 1 cup butter (softened, divided, add 1 extra teaspoon)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package, softened, room temperature )
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 4 cups walnuts (ground)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat together 1 cup of butter and package of cream cheese until mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add the gluten free flour, beating together until mixture forms into a ball. Divide the dough into four portions. Roll out each portion into a circle, about 12-inches.
2. Melt the remaining butter. Combine the walnuts, 3/4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and the melted butter in a large bowl. Spread this sugar mixture over the dough circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up the wedges, starting from the wide ends of the wedge.
3. Place point side down on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form into crescents. Bake crescents for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven onto wire racks to cool.
4. Put remaining sugar into a shallow bowl and roll the warm cookies in the sugar.