Delicious, delicate, gluten-free shortbread cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon xylitol
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract; optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms, then use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I gently flatten my cookies using a fork.)
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, watching closely to ensure they don't burn.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they are lightly golden brown, then cool on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving.