How Will God's Government on Earth Be Different?
Login or Create an Account
With a UCG.org account you will be able to save items to read and study later!
To better understand the difference between ordinary human governments and Christ's government, let's notice what Bible prophecy reveals about that coming government:
Christ Jesus will reign from Jerusalem as the divine, uncontested Sovereign. He will rule with perfect justice based on His divine laws and will not allow any political parties or politicians to misrule the people (Isaiah 11:1-5; Daniel 2:44).
• The unseen "god of this world," Satan the Devil, the ultimate liar and deceiver, will be removed from among humankind, no longer able to influence people to think and act wrongly (Revelation 20:1-2).
• All humankind will learn from and know the only true God and His way of life (Isaiah 11:9). No longer will people be deceived by false, deceitful religious notions that divide and harm (2 Corinthians 11:4, 14-15).
• God's perfect law that liberates human beings from harmful habits will be the law of the land. All will be required to obey it and will reap the blessings that come from keeping God's laws (Isaiah 2:2-4).
• God's Spirit will be available to all humankind to enable everyone to truly know the one and only true God and become converted, or changed, spiritually in mind and heart (Jeremiah 31:34; Ezekiel 11:19-20; Hebrews 8:10-12).
• Divine healing will be available to cure all sicknesses, diseases and injuries (Isaiah 35:5-6; Jeremiah 30:17).
• Private property rights will be respected. People will no longer fear that criminals and/or governments will take their property at will, illegally (Micah 4:4; Amos 9:14-15).
• God will bless the world with fertile soil. Good weather will come in season, resulting in abundant crops (Amos 9:13). There will be pure water, and wastelands will become fertile (Isaiah 35:6-7).
• The whole world will learn, experience and enjoy personal and global peace (Isaiah 2:4; Zephaniah 3:9).