Brazilian Cheese Rolls
A delicious taste of Brazil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter ((1/2 stick) cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups tapioca flour (plus 2 Tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (or substitute other firm cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the milk, butter and oil in large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Continue stirring to melt the butter. Once mixture reaches a boil, remove it from heat and stir in tapioca flour. The mixture will be thick and stretchy.
- Next stir in eggs, one at a time. Then stir in the cheese. Mixture will be very stiff. Let mixture cool in pan until it’s easy to handle.
- Take heaping tablespoons of dough with tapioca-floured hands and roll into 1½-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Best when served warm.