Christ said the real secret of the universe, on which all of the past, present and future depends, is the Kingdom of God. Explaining His famous parable of the sower, He called descriptions of the way to enter the Kingdom of God and its principles “mysteries”—secrets or hidden truths most people don’t understand (Matthew 13:11 Matthew 13:11He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
American King James Version×).
What are these great truths, these mysteries so few understand?
1. Human beings can be converted and raised up “at the last day” (John 6:40 John 6:40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
American King James Version×) to enter the Kingdom of God and eternal life. What Jesus meant was that we will live as children in a divine family with the Father and Son forever. Surprisingly, this will begin right here on earth. To learn more, request or download our free booklet The Gospel of the Kingdom.
2. Christ treated all of Scripture, which at that time consisted of what we call the Old Testament, as the Word of God—revealing the real secret. He said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4 Matthew 4:4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
American King James Version×). In other words, the secrets of God are revealed in the Word of God, the Bible, and nowhere else. To learn more, request or download our free booklet Is the Bible True?
3. The law of God holds the key to the Kingdom of God. The law of God, summarized in the Ten Commandments, is the basic law of the universe. The law of God will bring true success. To learn more, request or download our free booklet The Ten Commandments.
4. The goal in life is to develop the character of God by conforming to Christ—not your human heart. Following your own inclinations apart from God will lead to death (Jeremiah 10:23 Jeremiah 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walks to direct his steps.
American King James Version×; 17:9; Romans 8:7 Romans 8:7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
American King James Version×; Proverbs 16:25 Proverbs 16:25There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
American King James Version×). Your greatest goal is not the selfish ambition to attract all the physical wealth and everything else you desire. To learn more, request or download our free booklet What Is Your Destiny?
5. Satan counterfeits and misrepresents spiritual truths and deceives mankind. In the parable of the sower, Jesus said, “When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart” (Matthew 13:19 Matthew 13:19When any one hears the word of the kingdom, and understands it not, then comes the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
American King James Version×). Anyone who believes in “ the law of attraction ” will not be able to understand and receive the truth about the Kingdom of God. The apostle Paul said the devil’s teaching and spiritual control of the world would blind most from understanding the Kingdom of God and how man enters it through following Christ’s teachings (2 Corinthians 4:4 2 Corinthians 4:4In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine to them.
American King James Version×). To learn more, request or download our free booklet Is There Really a Devil?
6. God has given us the keys of overcoming—the spiritual process of conversion. It starts by giving up the kind of lifestyle of self-absorption laid out in the teaching of The Secret and The Law of Attraction. To enter the Kingdom of God, you have to give up the natural priorities of the self, sacrificing the self to be transformed into a new being with eternal life. Jesus Christ promises good things will come to each of us abundantly if we live a life of giving to others, not getting for ourselves. To learn more, request or download our free booklet Transforming Your Life: The Process of Conversion.
7. God will give us every good thing—but only in the coming Kingdom of God can we receive the glorious reward that will be greater than anything we can imagine in this life today. Jesus Christ’s teaching is summed up in this: “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33 Matthew 6:33But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
American King James Version×). God wants you to inherit the Kingdom of God—the greatest secret in the universe that will transform you and all who choose to think, believe and act on it.
It’s good news, and it’s free. The real secret is what this magazine is all about.